Music

Sunday 1 February 2015

The Britpop!!! AKA UK Invasion AKA People Over There....








FEBRUARY'S HERE (yeah I'm not happy about it either)


Waaaaay better mood today though because my lazy ass finally hit the gym! Eff yeah! Endorphins. Yesterday I was wilin' out like a crazy person. Y'all I'm sorry to say this but it's February now, historically the most depressing damn month of the year so if you find yourself crying for no damn reason or over-reacting or being a real freakshow, take heart. You're not alone, We're all miserable as f*ck right along with you. I'm gonna try to keep the playlists this month very upbeat for that very reason. Let's see if we can put some pep in your step (see what I did there?) I have included some slower, vibey songs but they're sandwiched between clangers and bouncy, block-rockin' beats, so you're good.


ACROSS THE POND PLAYLIST

Yup, this is some good sh*t right here. If you wanna know what I was doing in the 90s? Probably vegging out listening to this stuff, dancing like a nutter listening to this stuff or walking really aggressively listening to this stuff imagining sh*t was blowing up behind me. Yup, the Brit Awards had just hit my radar and they had that one amazing year where, Skunk Anansie, peformed Hedonism (Just because it feels good) and Diana Ross and Jamiroquai did a duet and I fell in love with music from across the pond. Some goodly gear there, goodly gear. Plus I was getting sick of the grunge so there's that, I can't rain all the time (even though I'm only happy when it does ;) I do of course owe my introduction to Britpop, UK music to Spice Girls and Oasis. My two favourite bands of all anything really and if it weren't for Noel Gallagher I wouldn't be bothered with half this ish (including learning the guitar or making music at all). That man made Britpop music palatable for me and his blatant brashness and honesty has always been more than welcome in an industry full of liars, cheats and backstabbers. You always know where you stand with Noel Gallagher and there's precious little of that left in the world. I really could talk about Noel and Oasis for a whole blog (which I think I shall) so I'll just leave that for the future then.

Another really amazing album that I've included some tracks off is The Saint Soundtrack. The film was the business and the soundtrack was even better. Val Kilmer, Elizabeth Shue and a crapload of crazy disguises. Check it! Shout out to Kilmer, (sending nothing but good vibes his way right now) who made some of the most fun,clever movies of my childhood life. (Real Genius, Willow, Top Gun) Just as an aside I did happen to hit up the bar they filmed Top Gun in when I was in San Diego, great balls of fire y'all! (pretty sure I say y'all more than any other Canadian,ever (must have been that Louisiana stint) wow).

So here's your Britpop AKA UK Invasion AKA People Over There playlist with some damn good music to get it poppin' to (don't even know what that means) ...oh maybe bottles, yes pop some bottles. No, don't pop bottles just chill, have a coffee, do your homework, read a book, jump around, whatever. Have fun, and folks...Have a Nice Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment