Music

Sunday 15 March 2015

East Coast Patty's meets overseas Cakes.




Okay that title made no sense. Whatever.
 It's time for another blog and playlist and this week features the loverly Celtic/East Coast influence because the music is beautiful even though y'all may be too drunk off your faces (this week) to listen to it.

I may well have become aware of this incredible music around the height of The Cranberries and Ashley MacIsaac's popularity, Natalie MacMaster was creeping in around that time too. Ah the bagpipes! Prominent in my life since an early age, born in a tiny Canadian/Scottish town which held a bagpipe parade every Saturday through the summer, hence stuff like that there just gets to me.
 I strongly recommend lending a Saturday to a Chieftains or Natalie MacMaster record and just knitting a sweater (I don't know how to do that) or painting a picture ( I don't know how to do that either) or baking some cookies (that I can do) or something, it's real 'heart of life' kind of music and it's sure to pick you up if and when you are feeling down.

Here in Canada the East Coast (Newfoundland, PEI, Nova Scotia and New Brunswick) has a vibrant and exciting music scene which is rather entwined in their culture, their food and the overall experience. Check out The Starving Artist to read recipes and anecdotes from a straight-up Newfoundlander musician now residing in the big city and while you're testing out one of his many recipes (he gives very detailed instructions, not to worry) you can throw on my Celtic/East Coast playlist and have a few shots of wheatgrass to cure that epic hangover.


**Incidentally the song is called *Kilkelly (Ireland) not Kilkenny. Kilkenny is a beer,. (I don't even drink beer what is going on?!!??!!) Whatever the case, enjoy your week, I wish you many four leaf clovers and a leprechaun that doesn't want to kill you.

Happy St. Paddy's Day All!





No comments:

Post a Comment